wonder

Chris Jones linux at stow-jones.co.uk
Sat Aug 21 09:03:06 UTC 2004

Peter Cannon wrote:

>On Tuesday 17 Aug 2004 16:25, The wise and knowledgeable Edward Croft
>proclaimed:
>

>>Caloy, when you boot the system there is usually a prompt to get into
>>the Bios. Some use Del, others F2, or some other key. You need to hit
>>that key as the system boots. Once in the bios, do not change anything.
>>You want to look at how much memory it says you have. My guess is 64mb
>>given that you said it had 98 on it. My guess is that the Hard Drive is
>>what is 5gb. If this is the case, you may need to search the web to find
>>memory for that system. Or you could run it without X. (Run level 3)
>>

>I managed to get White Box Linux (a derivative of Red Hat) to run in graphical
>mode (not for long mind) on a Digital HiNote P133, 40MB 3GB partition no
>CDROM.
>
>Why not have a look at Slackware or Peanut Linux they will be less demanding.
>
>Not that I'm trying to put you off FC.

Thanks for that gem, Pete. I have an ancient (exhorbitantly expensive)
Gateway2000 laptop that has a P133 chip and 40Mb of RAM and a 2Gb HDD.
If I can find the time, I might just put one of those on it - just to
see if it the laptop can handle it; otherwise, it will have to go, I am
afraid

--
Chris Jones
mailto:chris at stow-jones.co.uk
SAS gives the power to know your data...