"GDM could not write to your authorization file..."

Hesty P hestyp at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 19:16:19 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I think I really screwed up this time. Somehow after
installing fglrx and fdisk my other hd and rebooting
my system, I cannot login to my usual account. GDM
complains "GDM could not write to your authorization
file ... ". I've checked booting up using different
kernel and the result is still the same. I checked
permission of all my files, and I do have rw
permission and I am the owner.

What's going on here?

Thanks,
Hesty