DVD iso Size

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 21 22:02:11 UTC 2004

Lew Bloch wrote:
> Every time I've attempted to use the torrent for Fedora (since FC1),
> whether CD or DVD, it's given me about 7 kB/s download.  Direct
> downloads for me are around 300.
>
> Other torrents have saturated my download capacity, but never Fedora.

Is that at the beginning of the download, or after you've left it
running for a while?

I find that you have to leave the download for several hours before it
gets right up to line speed, but it does get there, at least on a
512 Kbit/s ADSL connection.

(ADSL shouldn't be particularly good for BitTorrent, since it wants a
lot of upload capacity, which ADSL doesn't have).

What sort of network connection do you have?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "I don't think so," said René Descartes.  Just then,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | he vanished.