Cron useage question

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Aug 21 22:48:26 UTC 2004

Greetings;

I have need to add a "monthly event" to my root crontab. I know that
the first two place holders (the '*'s) in the timeline are hours and
minutes, but the manpages contain no hints as to what the next three
'*'s represent.  I would think that after 11 years, that lack of info
and the resultant questions would have managed to get the manpages
rewritten to include that info.

Anyway, can anyone enlighten me on this please?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)