Printer Sharing recommendations

Sean Earp smearp at mac.com
Sun Aug 22 02:34:36 UTC 2004

Hello All-

I am getting ready to install Fedora Core on a computer in my home
network, and would like to set up printer sharing between my 3
computers (one XP Pro, one Mac OS X 10.3, and one FC3).   In the past,
I was able to add the printer (An HP Officejet) via CUPS to the Fedora
box with no problems.  My Mac saw the printer share automatically, but
no amount of tweaking could make the PC see and print to the printer.
When I shared it from the PC, neither the Mac or the Linux box could
print to the share.

So...

Any recommendations as to which box to attach the printer to, so that
both other computers can see it?  I would assume that I should attach
it to the Fedora Box, and if that is the case, can anyone point me to a
guide that outlines the steps to allow a Windows XP client to print to
a Linux CUPS printer share?  Any information/suggestions/links would be
much appreciated.  Thanks a million,

-Sean

GPG public key:  <http://homepage.mac.com/smearp/seanpgp.asc>