using optical drives these days

Christopher J. Bottaro cjbottaro at alumni.cs.utexas.edu
Sun Aug 22 04:11:19 UTC 2004

Andrew Konosky wrote:
> Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:

>>luckily k3b abstracts away all this technical bs for me, but still even
>>k3b errors out when i try to burn at 8x: :-( Failed to change write speed:
>>5408->10816.

> K3B is an awesome CD burning GUI application that is the equivalent of
> Roxio/Adaptec or better in Winblows. I would recommend you try it out...

err, i did as mentioned in my quote, but also, like i said in my quote, K3b
gives me an error when trying to write at 8x.  also "cdrecord -prcap
dev=/dev/cdrom1" reports that my drive's max burning speed is 4x.  but i
know it is an 8x drive...and it burns at 8x in windows.

even if K3b worked, it'd still like to know how to use dvdrecord so i can
write scripts.

thanks.