OT: Setting up a forwarding mail domain in DMZ without pinhol e.

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Sun Aug 22 16:29:55 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 21:32 +0530, Sanjay Arora wrote:

> Dont know much about tools like fetchmail, but will study them. Do they
> do mail injection to the smtp server, so that other aspects like
> anti-virus, spam etc. are handled in the green machine. IAC, I dont
> bounce any mail presently...just mark it & put it in a different common
> folder for the domain (for fear of false-positives), so bouncing mails
> at the DMZ is presently not a requirement with me.

fetchmail will contact one or more pop3(s)/imap(s) servers you
configure, download the messages (and typically delete them from the
server) and send them via the local MUA (e.g. sendmail) . So yes, any
filtering you do via sendmail/procmail on the local host will still take
place.

I don't know if a single fetchmail process is designed to work for
multiple users, however.

--
Aaron Gaudio <prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org>