xine stops playing this web radio

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 22 17:12:35 UTC 2004

I used to play this web radio (www.kdfc.com) with xine becase only xine
can play it ( Maybe there are other ways I
don't know how to). Since a sponsor's  message added as an open  short
speech  before you can listen to the program
xine fails to work anymore, here is what happens in fc2 and fc1;
when I click to listen, the popup window prompts for choosing a program
to play it and I always fill in /usr/bin/xine, and this works fine for a
while.
Now when I do the same, the Xine error message pop up window appearing
" The following components are required : asx.
I close this pop up and the other pop up shows " There is no demuxer
plugin available to handle 'mms://kdfc.com/new/audio/kaiser.wma'.
Usually this means that the file format was not recognized"

What I have installed
: w32codec, xine, mplayer, mplayerplug-in, Realplayer gold, and Mozilla
about plugins showing that mplayerplug-in
Suffixes column is supporting asx audio type and is enabled, but only
xine can play this web radio.

When I choose mplayer to play this web radio : mplayer will not response
at all.
When I choose Realplayer to play, I got message said plug in not
supporting asx file type.
When I try to install the xine-mozilla-plugin rpm, it says need
libxine1, when I do yum install libxine1 I got libxine1 is installed!
And xine is playing DVD fine, and it played this web radio fine once.
Any one can help ? Xine is not my only desire if have workable alternative.