SB Live! Audigy not working.

Beej-in-GA bryan-smith at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 22 17:42:06 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "david walcroft" <david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 10:32 PM
Subject: Re: SB Live! Audigy not working.

> I was surprised at item 4/B working for you as I need to mute this for
> my Audigy to work. I assume your /etc/modprobe.conf has the following
>
> install snd-emu10k1 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-emu10k1 &&
> /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
>
> remove snd-emu10k1 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
> /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-emu10k1
>
> (allowing for line wrapping)
> this will setup Alsa every time you boot but its not perfect so after
> adjusting your mixer issue :
>
> # alsactl store
>
> If the 'install' doesn't work issue:
>
> # alsactl restore
>
> This is stored in /etc/asound.state
>
>   david

Hi David,
This is what my modprobe.conf says:

# Note: for use under 2.4, changes must also be made to modules.conf!
alias eth1 8139too
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
install sound-slot-0 /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install
sound-slot-0 && { /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 ||
:; }
remove sound-slot-0 { /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1
|| :; } ; /sbin/modprobe -r --first-time --ignore-remove sound-slot-0
alias usb-controller1 ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller2 uhci-hcd

As to the Unmuting of the Audigy Analog/digital Output Jack.  It would stand
to reason that this should be turned on right?  I mean if it turned off as
it seems to be by default, how can sound output be made?  Oh and it seems
that the settings I put to max can be lower than that.  Otherwise, the sound
will be maxed out all the way and depending on your system, can quite
shocking.  Please bear in mind that as I said, I have no idea what the heck
I am doing here.  So please, if you want me to change something, please try
to type it as I must at a prompt.  In quotes would work, I understand to
automatically remove quotation marks.  Thanks for your patience and help.
Best Regards,
B.J.