Xine doesn't display video anymore

Piero Piutti birdman at tin.it
Sun Aug 22 19:21:32 UTC 2004

Xine has been working nicely until now, but today I found out that it's not
displaying video from dvds and svcds anymore, it only plays audio. Things are
only slightly better with VideoLan and MPlayer which still do not play dvd
video (blank screen - only audio) but do better with svcds (VideoLan plays
perfectly both audio and video, MPlayer does it sluggishly).

I've checked the xine configuration file (I can post it if necessary), but
everything looks fine. I run FC2 with kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3  - the relevant
multimedia packages (xine related) I have installed on my system are:

xine-0.99.2-1.1.fc2.fr
xine-lib-devel-1.0.0-0.14.rc5.1.fc2.fr
xine-lib-1.0.0-0.14.rc5.1.fc2.fr
xine-skins-1.8-1.fr
libdvdread-0.9.4-5.1.fc2.fr
libdvdcss-1.2.8-4.1.fc2.fr
w32codec-1.0_20040706-10.at

Notice that I update my system almost daily from several apt repos (freshrpms,
dag, dries, at, kde-redhat, newrpms, extrpms, fedora.us) so it's likely that
something I've installed or updated recently might have messed up something:
I have no clue about what could be, though.

Any advice will be much appreciated - thanks for your patience.
--
Piero Piutti