Gaim.pm perl module bug

Geoffrey Leach geoff at direcway.com
Sun Aug 22 21:52:08 UTC 2004

On 08.22 11:01, michel LeBlond wrote:
> I am very much wanting to code perl plugins for Gaim.
> When I use call Gaim in my scripts the following error is
> generated.
>
> perl: error while loading shared libraries:
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Gaim/
> Gaim.so:
> undefined symbol: gaim_perl_callXS
> [michel at localhost plugins]$
>
> I have tried renaming the perl module that came with Fedora 2 and
> installing just that piece from the Gaim.rpm.   The Perl module was
> resinstalled fine.  Only problem is it still generates the same error

Try installing the module from source.  There's two ways to do this.

1. Go to a CPAN site, such as http://search.cpan.org/ and download the
source.  Unpack the module, cd to the directory and issue these
commands: perl Makefile.PL; make; make test; make install (assuming all
went well)

2. Use the cpan script that was installed with perl.  It will take a
while to set up, but it will automate the process for subsequent
installs.