reset command in FC2

Michael Sullivan michael at espersunited.com
Mon Aug 23 05:21:48 UTC 2004

I installed FC2 for the first time today.  I had been using FC1 and
enjoying it until things started messing up and performing operations as
root kept causing the PC to freeze up.  I have a question:  The 'reset'
command in FC1 completely cleared the terminal window and gave a fresh
shell prompt.  I liked this because I am a programmer I often get lots
of errors when I try to compile a program.  Using reset in FC1 allowed
me to be sure that I was only seeing the errors from the most recent
compile attempt.  However, in FC2 typing gives a prompt at the top of
the terminal window, but does not clear the screen nor the terminal
buffer (what I call the buffer is the text in the terminal that can be
seen by scrolling up.)  Are there plans to fix this?  If not, can anyone
tell me what package the 'reset' command is in so that I can download
the source and alter it and reinstall it???  Thank you for your help.