how do i..

Gary Allen Vollink gvfedora at corvu.com
Mon Aug 23 13:23:10 UTC 2004

I would like to note that I'm too new here to know if this sort of thing
is considered off-topic on this particular list or not.  I suspect it
is.  So, it's probably worth mentioning that there are several forums
that cater to scripting and programming.  LinuxQuestions.org is a good
place to start...

Mr. Oberoi wrote:

>following is bit of code that i am having trouble with

It appears that you retyped your sample code snippet/error message by
hand because they don't exactly match.  Hard to diagnose without an
exact cut and paste.

>the error i get is
>
>./parta.assesment: line 122: syntax error near
>unexpected token `('
>./parta.assesment: line 122: `      echo -n "Error
>occurred.  Continue (y/n/a)? "'
>
>and i cant figure out what is wrong with that echo
>statement????

There is nothing directly wrong with your echo statement.  However - the
fact that it's blowing up makes me wonder if there is not a quote
mis-balance prior to that line?

Good luck,
Gary Allen Vollink
--
Admin/User of Fedora Core 2 for 8 days.
Admin/User of RedHat EL ES v 3 for 7 months.