ACPI and suspend

Francisco Figueiredo Jr. fxjrlists at yahoo.com.br
Mon Aug 23 15:04:45 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm very interested in this thread, because I'd like to add suspend to
disk support in my gateway notebook. As this thread started in the
fedora-test and I'm still using the fc2, I'm post it here.
If I'm doing something wrong, please, let me know.

Besides all the script stuff, I still need to create a swap partition
and add the configuration to grup.conf? I'm using 2.6.7 and I would like
to know if it would be possible to use a flat file to save suspend
information instead of a swap partition.

Also, if you know some step by step tutorial about it, I would
appreciate very much.

Just another question: Is possible to do any damage to may notebook by
playing with suspend, if anything goes wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.