Installing Fedora from a NFS server.

Mike Ramirez mike at thexxxhost.com
Mon Aug 23 15:32:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 07:42, Gustavo Gobi Martinelli wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I installed Fedora Core 2 on my pc and, now, I want to install it in another
> pc´s on my LAN. I would know, how can I configure a NFS server to do this.
>
> I read the RedHat 9 documentation about NFS server and I have to have a mirror
> from the NFS server of the RedHat. So, what is the address of the Fedora NFS
> server?
>
> If someone has another ideia, please, post it in this list.
>
> --
> Gustavo Gobi Martinelli
> Linux User# 270627

Yam is another possibility

You can make a mirror of the Fedora Packages with yam which will create
a mirror of Fedora Core 2 rpm repos, including core, updates, freshrpms
extra packages,  dags, dries, and newrpms straight out of the box for
the i386 and x86_64 arch typesand supports remote installs with a
PXE-enabled NIC.

I run a local mirror of those repos to keep both of my FC2 boxes updated
using yum.  It will create both yum and apt headers.

Visit http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/yam/ for more information.