Compaq Insight Manager Agent - Installation on Fedora

Daniel AEBY daniel at aeby.net
Mon Aug 23 22:04:16 UTC 2004

Hi Renee,

Many thanks for your answer and the input.

I do not have the source code of this program. I do not think this software is under the GNU Licence.

2 Years ago, i have with redhat 8.0 on a Compaq DL380 Server try to install this Insight Manager Agent without any success.
I phone the Compaq Helpdesk and the support tell me, this version about Insight Manager was buggy !!!. The last choice, waiting of the new version for the Redhat 9.0.

A this time, i try with lm-sensors without i2c. My Proliant 6000 seems to be too old but for my pupose, it is very nice.

Many thanks for the response and your Help.

Daniel