Installing FC2 on eMachines M6810 notebook

David Hazel dhazel at otelco.net
Mon Aug 23 23:46:34 UTC 2004

I am having a problem installing FC2 on this machine.  It has an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor.  I currently have the disk partitioned and have XP Home and XP Pro in a dual boot config using BootMagic.  I downloaded the FC2_x86-64 iso images and burned them to cd.  When I start the install, it hangs at the media check screen.  I've tried various options at the boot prompt: nofb, noprobe, skipddc.  Nothing works.  Any suggestions?