Gaim.pm perl module bug/ Now its working, anyone have a simple perl plugin ?

michel LeBlond sidbird at telus.net
Tue Aug 24 03:14:56 UTC 2004

Here is an interesting thing.   I configured CPAN ./CPAN  and then
installed the CPAN bundle.   This action installed a bunch of other
supporting modules .Once CPAN was working I  installed  Eliza.pm from
the CPAN shell.

After that I was able to get the plug in I created for gaim working.
although I still get the same error if I run the  perl script from
shell.

The scripts are meant to be called from GAIM.
So....  finally it seems to be working.  Although I am having a heck of
a time figuring out what the callbacks are supposed to do , nothing
happens when I add in the code from DOXYGEN.

If you want to see if you can get it going.  Go to

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/api/perl-howto.html

copy the script and save to location  /home/yourusername/.gaim/plugins

You will have to create the plugins directory first, as per the website.

If you are lucky it will work.  It took me many days, and I am still not
sure what made the difference, same script ???????...

If anyone out there has a simple little script that works with callbacks
and does something please send me that code.

I am working at getting a Tk window to open up.
This is fun and very doable.