Grahpical apache administration

Mike Ramirez mike at thexxxhost.com
Tue Aug 24 06:11:47 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 22:50, Joe Moreno wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for grahpical apache administration software to ease web administration.  Currently, I am looking at webmin and tenon itools.  Does anyone have experience with them on Fedora Core 2?  What other apache administration software are out there?
>
> joe

> BUST Magazine: For
> Women with Something to Get Off Their Chests
> Subscribe at http://www.bust.com

Hi

I use webmin myself but find it easier sometimes just to edit httpd.conf
manually.

I like webmin cause its more than just an apache CP but you can
basically do anything and everything from with in it.  Just takes away
the feeling that you actually did it more like its webmin doing it for
you, thats just me, but I haven't had any problems running webmin.

As for tenon iTools I haven't played with it.  Then there is also
system-config-httpd which is a gui for configuring apache, rather
limited in my opinion, for example I can't configure any modules if I
need to.

BottomLine I like Webmin and have had no problems with it in FC2.