nvidia problems again....

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Aug 24 12:37:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 03:24, Brian Fahrlander wrote:

>     I understand the feeling.  I had some trouble with Nvidia and the
> new kernels for a while.
>
>     But isn't it odd that, with all the technical explanation above that
> they _don't_ want, that they'll accept "It's broken and nobody knows how
> to fix it without a million-dollar support contract from Microsoft" is
> an acceptable alternative?

There are 2 differences: hardware companies try to supply
working drivers for Microsoft products, and Microsoft doesn't
change the driver API from OS release to release just to
make it difficult for them.  Maybe when some big companies
start using Linux desktops one or both of these will change.
(I'm guessing, only one...)

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com