Fedora support for SCSI RAID Cards.

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at digitalpath.net
Tue Aug 24 19:10:39 UTC 2004

I'm looking at purchasing an Adaptec 2100S SCSI RAID card.  The RAID array on
this device will be the only drives in the system, so the Fedora installation CD
needs to be able to recognize it, install to it and summarily boot to it.

Anyone know if support for the card is built in by default?  I've seen
posts saying that it is not, and also come across a custom I2O boot disk for Red
Hat 7.x.  All this is leading me to question whether or not I should purchase
this card if I want a hassle-free install.

Anyone have any experience with it?

If it's _not_ a great card, anyone have any recommendations for a 32-bit PCI
SCSI RAID controller with excellent Linux support?  I suppose I will look at AMI
MegaRAID cards just in case.

Thanks in advance.