List of laptop (pcmcia) wirelss network cards

TroyGeek fedora at troygeek.com
Tue Aug 24 19:15:07 UTC 2004

There's always a debate as to whether to buy or build (get it working on
your own) when it comes to software. As i've already spent over 10 hours
just trying to get a wireless card to work with no avail, there comes a
time when you have to decide whether you want to spend many more hours
trying to get this to work or to buy. Not everyone has ample time to sit
and try to get device drivers working, but yes I always try to search
the web and mailing lists when I have trouble. However, when all the
options found on the Internet for getting this to work are exhaughted,
paying a little money to fix the problem and saving potentially hours of
more work which I don't have seems like a viable option. Giving up on
using Linux because I haven't been able to get a wireless card working
yet wasn't the route I wanted to go in.

thank you though.

~ T r o y ~