Making a time structure associated with the directory structure

Kaustubh Ghosh meetkaustubhghosh at vsnl.net
Wed Aug 25 18:44:35 UTC 2004

    I am trying to make a time structure,linked to the directory structure . I
am trying to explain.For each file or directory there will be a time
structure associated which will store all dates of modification of the files
sequentially and will be accessible only by the root user. It is aimed at
better security.Let us consider a person is to submit a report within a
particular date.He doesnot,but when faced with inquiry,he just changes the
system time to a previous date and saves his report made later, at that
date.But this will be impossible with the time structure.A cursory glance at
the dates of modification is enough to reveal that the system time has been
changed.Can anyone give me any ideas how this can be achieved?I don't like to
bias with mine.Any suggestion is welcome.The file system under consideration
is ext2fs.Thanks in advance for any consideration.
                                                                Kaustubh Ghosh