printing to XP

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Thu Aug 26 09:15:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Lewi Kristianto wrote:

> is there any way that we can raw print to printer
> that attached to winxp from linux using cups,
>
> the problem is that printer linux don't have driver
> because that's GDI printer (photocopy machine sharp
> ar-5316)

Actually I'm not sure it's a forgone conclusion that a gdi printer can't
be attached to a linux box, notwithstanding that you should be able to
attach to a shared windows print queue using smbclient and submit your
job... Then you should be able to send it postscript and let the windows
print system rip it for you.