Fedora Core 2 new install -

Philipp Ott philipp.ott at avalon.at
Thu Aug 26 10:32:04 UTC 2004

Hi Bob!

 > What have I done wrong? Any suggestions appreciated.

Can you show us the output of mount? And which harddrives and partitions
do you have?

What is the hda2 and hda3 in your fstab? Do you see a boot folder with a
newer kernel there?

I think the Label assignments in fstab and maybe /boot/grub/menu.lst
confuses the installation process.

You can safely replace Label assignments in fstab with the real
partition. So

LABEL=/1   /   ext3   defaults   1 1
LABEL=/boot1   /boot   ext3   defaults   1 2

becomes for example

/dev/hda2   /   ext3   defaults   1 1
/dev/hda1   /boot   ext3   defaults   1 2

Afterwards you can use rpm -Uhv
/mnt/cdrom/Fedora/RPMS/kernel-2.6.5-1.358.i586.rpm to install the kernel
again from the 1st Fedora CD.

Regards
Philipp Ott