Laptop Widescreen

Bob Chiodini chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 26 15:20:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 05:54, Bryan Anderson wrote:
> Hi - this is my third or fourth attempt at going Linux. The
> desktop PC is staying WinXP, but the laptop has gone dual-
> boot. It's an Advent (made by Medion) and it has a 1280x853
> pixel widescreen display but how do I make that work under
> Fedora?
>
> Only options I can find are 1024x768 (not wide enough) and
> 1280x1024 (too tall).
>
> Any help would be great,
>
> Bryan Anderson.

Bryan,

Have you tried manually putting 1280x853 in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf (FC2)
file?  X may be smart enough to figure out the timing.  Also, verify
that the horizontal and vertical sync rates are appropriate for the
display.

Something like:

        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes     "1280x853"
        EndSubSection

Bob...

P.S.  Sorry if this appears twice on the list.