eth0 problem solved, getting updates

Buddy Hummler hummler.1 at osu.edu
Thu Aug 26 18:41:17 UTC 2004

thanks guys, i got it working by commenting out the alias line. now i'm
wondering how i should get the updates..

"Also after you get on the network configure yum for a mirror.  If you
try and use the standard redhat servers you will find they are over
loaded.  Also I have found yum to be much faster than up2date."

i'm guessing this is when i launch up2date and the red hat network
configuration comes up asking for me to select a red hat network server to
use???
where can i find the mirror sites to put in that line? (if that's what i'm
supposed to do to get updates)

-Buddy

At 03:27 PM 8/20/2004, you wrote:
>Also after you get on the network configure yum for a mirror.  If you
>try and use the standard redhat servers you will find they are over
>loaded.  Also I have found yum to be much faster than up2date

Buddy Hummler

Internet Technologies           451 Baker Systems
The Ohio State University       1971 Neil Ave.
Office of the CIO               Columbus, OH 43210
hummler.1 at osu.edu               (614) 247-8066