Linux-friendly ISPs?

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 26 19:35:21 UTC 2004

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 10:41:02AM -0700, Adam Boettiger wrote:

> Do any of the major ISPs offer dialup or broadband access that is
> compatible with Linux?
>
> I searched and all I came up with were hosting account providers, not
> connectivity.

Also ask your ISP about support for low cost firewalls, wifi, boxes
like Netgear, Linksys etc.  Given the track record of many common
operating systems simple dedicated firewall support should be a
requirement of any customer and fully supported by any ISP.

With a simple box in place setting up Linux is almost as simple
as plugging in the etherent.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Just say no to 74LS73 in 2004