Linux-friendly ISPs?

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 21:14:42 UTC 2004

Hi,

> Do any of the major ISPs offer dialup or broadband access that is
> compatible with Linux?

All do except for the likes of AOL or ones which require you to use
their own dialers. I've used about 10 ISPs in the UK, all claim to be
Windows & Mac only.

I currently use Blueyonder broadband which catagorically states that
their systems will not support Linux. It was very funny when a few
months back I had a call from their customer services people wanting to
know why I have not used broadband in yet despite it being in for
months. I do. The reason it doesn't show is that they're expecting
Microsoft identifiers from software and never ever see them from any of
my home systems!

> I searched and all I came up with were hosting account providers, not
> connectivity.

Really, you're not supplying an important piece of information - the
country you are living in.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we,"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our