Margins on Samsung printer

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 00:25:48 UTC 2004

Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> I use a Samsung ML-4500 printer under Fedora Core 2 Linux using Cups.

Likewise.

> As far as I can tell, the printer is configured correctly --
> nevertheless the printer cannot print the whole page submitted to it; it
> cuts off about 0.3 in. at each margin.  As a consequence pages formatted
> by Mozilla don't show the header or footer when printed.

This doesn't happen for me. The headers print fine.

If you run system-config-printer as root, edit the queue, and click on
Queue Options, what does it say under Imageable Area? Are all the
margins 36 pt?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | A: Because people don't normally read bottom to top.
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?