Mr Postman

Alexander Apprich a.apprich at science-computing.de
Fri Aug 27 12:32:39 UTC 2004

Rajesh Ganesan wrote:
> Hi Kent & Yang,
> On Friday 27 Aug 2004 2:41 pm, Kent Emia wrote:
>
>>java -cp . mrpostmanxxxx.jar
>
> Sorry. This too didn't help.
>
> First error is "Unrecognized option: -cp.
> Could not create the Java virtual machine"
>
> Second error is again "Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: install-mrpostman-20040806/jar"
>
> I wanted to check whether there is any problem
> with the package. Nothing like that because it gets installed finely and
> works nicely in windows.
>
> BTW, how to you set this class path in Linux which the windows sets by itself
> on installation. We do not tweak anything in windows. I suppose, packages
> have to find way that Linux too becomes user friendlier like windows.

export CLASSPATH=/usr/local/java/j2sdk1.4.2_02/jre/lib/rt.jar:/whatever/else
echo $CLASSPATH
/usr/local/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01/jre/lib/rt.jar:/whatever/else

> Guys, now find me a way to execute the install-mrpostman.jar file. What is
> this class path all about? How do you set this?
> Regards,
> Rajesh

What you were actually looking for was java -jar MrPostman-20040806.jar

-jar is if you want to start a .jar file. Otherwise java awaits a .class
file.

Hth

Alex