Making a time structure associated with the directory structure

Kaustubh Ghosh meetkaustubhghosh at vsnl.net
Fri Aug 27 19:22:21 UTC 2004

wrote:
>Or simply move all files from the incoming directory to an 'accepted'
>directory at the exact due date via cron. Then, anything found in the
>incoming directory is certainly from too late, no matter what its date.

Thanks for all the responses.But it wasn't exactly what I wanted.My fault at
expressing myself, I admit.What I wanted is to enhance the ext2 file system
with some modules which uses encryption to store time stamps of the access
and modifications of files.The encrypted data is to be accessed by
specialized passwords and the data can certainly not be deleted.A user who
will be using the file system will be bound by the system to store time
stamps,be he root or not.The data will be accessible only from root account
through the specialized password given at install time or by many of the
specialized secure password protocols(challenge handshake,etc etc).The main
problem in other cases is that the users with laptops must have root access
to make important changes on his own, but will be bound to format whatever
things(laptops ,desktops) they like to use to this file system.The O/S is
most likely to be some version of RedHat Linux.Can anyone please give me some
suggestions?Any help is appreciated.Thanks in advance for any consideration.
                                                              - Kaustubh Ghosh