Redhat network Alert Icon

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Sat Aug 28 00:01:21 UTC 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, nina wrote:

> I disabled Redhat Network up2date daemon by */sbin/chkconfig rhnsd* off
> and restart the system. However, after rebooting, I'm not sure if rhnsd
> is not running (I think it doesn't run). when I check */sbin/service
> rhnsd status *, it doesn't report anything. And the RHN Icon is still
> display on the panel. I tried to remove from the panel, but it still
> there after reboot. How do I get rid of it.

The two items are mutually exclusive...you don't have to be running rhnsd
to use the RH Update alert icon, and vice versa.

To get rid of it, just right click on it and tell it to quit/exit.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit