Help needed getting Epson 2400 Perfection scanner working

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Sat Aug 28 10:23:00 UTC 2004

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:43:49 +0700
Philippe <phd2 at fcomfrench.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 15:29, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:15:30 +0700
> > Philippe <phd2 at fcomfrench.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Steven,
> > >
> > > Try this as root :
> > >
> > > chmod 0666 /proc/bus/usb/001/006
> > >
> > > (coming from libusb:001:006)

Hello, Philippe :)
There is only one thing worse than the issues that I have had with this
scanner.....  That is the fact that I am not completely certain what I
did to fix it.  But I know that it now works :)  I did read the README
in the hotplug/tools directory and followed the directions.  I tried
switching to runlevel 1 and then back to runlevel 5, but it still
wouldn't work.  I rebooted :(, but now all is well :)  Well, almost -
The only graphical program that I can scan with is Kooka.  I can't scan
from xscanimage, The GIMP, or OpenOffice.org.  But, I will start a new
thread about that.

Thanks to everyone who even made an attempt to help me :)
Steven P. Ulrick