cracking winmodem issues in FC2

Gabriel Mititica gabriel_mititica at yahoo.ca
Sat Aug 28 21:22:45 UTC 2004

MAtthew:

Thanks for the minicom How to:

I was able to punch commands in.

However it seems that no init strings works for my
modem.

I was trying the one you posted (although I assume is
modem specific), the one generated by
system-config-network, the one I have from windows.

On top of my head I'd say that the fact that the lspci
is not finding the modem might cause all the problems.
Playing with the /dev/* didn't help. As I said,just:

slmodemd --country=CANADA

error: mdm setup: cannot open dev `/dev/slamr0': No
such device error: cannot setup device `/dev/slamr0'

My modem is on the audio card:

00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: ALi Corporation
M5451 PCI AC-Link Controller Audio Device (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems:
Unknown device 0001
        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64,
IRQ 11
        I/O ports at 1000
        Memory at 10000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=4K]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

I assume that the unknown device should be the modem.

Regards and thanks again!
Gabriel