advansys scsi == ouch

John McBride jmcbride at ccis.com
Sun Aug 29 02:43:10 UTC 2004

Paul Howarth wrote:

>On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 02:27, John McBride wrote:
>

>>There are workarounds, like the dkms stuff, but
>>having used early versions of dkms for our nvidia cards, I'm very gun
>>shy of dkms--lots of problems with it, at least for me.
>>

>I'm the person that's done the dkms package for the advansys driver. If
>you try it and have any problems I'd be very keen to get it fixed. Do
>you still use dkms for anything else (sounds like not)? If so, trying
>out the dkms build shouldn't cause any problems/conflicts for you.
>
>Cheers, Paul.

Hi,

I upgraded a FC1 box to FC2 and the dkms could not update the nvidia
driver, leaving X hosed. When I tried to remove dkms with "rpm -e" it
gave script errors at the end. I had to finally use "updatedb", "locate
dkms", "rm -rf blah" and "rpm -e --noscripts" (I think) to remove the
rest of dkms from the box and the rpm database.

Thanks,
John