Newer samba has locked out older box

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Aug 30 04:44:47 UTC 2004

Greetings;

I have some of the download storage shared between this box and my
firewall box which is still running RH7.3.  Let me rephrase that, I
did have some samba shares from this box to the firewall...

Somewhere along the line, the RH7.3 version of samba seems to have
quit talking to this FC2 box, complaining about the login passwords.
I just checked that startup file and the passwords are good.

Now, there are 2 shares on that box shared with this one, using
essentially an identical script except for the actual share names.
It works just fine.  Neither of these scripts has been modified since
sometime back in 2001, and until the FC2 install here, had been
working flawlessly.

Whats step one in troubleshooting this?

--
Cheers, Gene