can't change screen resolution

Pietro R.A. Binetti binabin at libero.it
Mon Aug 30 09:26:38 UTC 2004

Firstly I apologize for the wrong indication: I am stuck on 640x480
resolution (not 800x600) and I want to have 800x600 (not 1024x768). However
the problem doesn't change so much: I am still stuck.

Some of you suggested me to look at the video memory in my BIOS settings.
Now there are 2 problems:
1. accessing my BIOS settings at the startup I can't see anywhere issues
relating on video memory
2. I checked my system hardware and I discovered that my video card shares
the memory with the RAM: it takes 8MB of 128MB. It does mean something,
doesn't it?

I also checked on the Acer webpage: there are no updates available for my
BIOS.

Regards,
Pietro