Nautilus slow to browse samba shares

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 30 15:47:50 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 11:23, Don Maxwell wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004  09:49:46  "Scot L. Harris" wrote:
> > Have waited almost an hour now and nothing new has shown up on the one
> > system in nautilus.
> >
> > Would you mind sharing relevant portions of your smb.conf?  Or is there
> > another config file for nautilus that needs to be setup for this to
> > work?
> >
> > Other methods can be used to access samba type shares from FC2 boxes.
> > (smbclient, fstab)
>
> Here is what I have:
> #======================= Global Settings =====================================
> [global]
> 	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
> 	protocol = NT1
> 	load printers = yes

THANK YOU!

For the first time I am seeing the other systems on the network via the
Nautilus browser.  I believe the key here was the protocol = NT1
option.  I did not have that on any of my systems.

I did have the other socket options so that was not the issue.

With that setting in place the other systems come up in the window in
just a second or two.

Not sure if this will resolve the problem Marc was having or not.

Now I need to go make changes to a lot of other systems.

Again thank you for finally finding a fix for this.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Proper treatment will cure a cold in seven days, but left to itself,
a cold will hang on for a week.
		-- Darrell Huff