spamassassin Problems

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 30 16:18:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 11:40, Mike Burger wrote:

> > Do you really want to use sendmail here?  Do you even have sendmail
> > installed if you are using postfix?
>
> Yes...there's a postfix executable file called "sendmail" for the sake of
> compatibility with programs that expect a "sendmail" executable to exist.

Ah!  Learn something new everyday.  :)  Like I said I have not used
postfix before.

Verify the permissions and paths on spamc and the sendmail executable.
Probably already done but sometimes it is something simple like that.

The next thing I would look at is the user that you run spamc as.  It
looks like you are specifying test as the user.  You need to check that
the .spamassassin directory has been configured under that user as this
is where your bayes database will most likely be going.  Also make sure
your various config files (local.cf, user_prefs) has the correct path
settings for the bayes database.  Under the /home/test/.spamassassin
directory you may also have a user_prefs file which can be used to
override some of the options in local.cf.  local.cf is normally under
/etc/mail/spamassassin along with additional rule sets that you may want
to include from the SARE web site.

All of that assumes that spamc is running as the user test.  If not you
will need to sort out which user it is run as to locate the correct set
of config files for it.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

"How to make a million dollars:  First, get a million dollars."
-- Steve Martin