general note: list mail and reply addresses

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Aug 30 20:41:59 UTC 2004

Hello all!

Since a few days I see more and more mails here on this list where the
reply-to address is changed to not have the list address. This is really
very uncomfortable to handle.

There are too a lot of posters with reply-to address set to both the
sender's address as well the mailing list address. This is because those
senders did set a reply-to address explicitly in their mail client. This
is not necessary in general (setting the reply to address), only if the
sender address and the reply-to address do differ. I doubt all these
posters with that set want to receive the mail 2 times, both with
personal address as well through list subscription.

Speaking for me, I want to get the mails just one time, through the
list. So settings like