Nautilus slow to browse samba shares

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Aug 30 21:16:01 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 30.08.2004 schrieb Scot L. Harris um 22:13:

> > Well wha'dyaknow?  I apparently stumbled upon the answer to
> > my problem. I inserted: "domain master = yes" into smb.conf on the Samba
> > server and things just started working.  Here is my entire, working,
> > smb.conf:

> So all FC2 systems have to be configured as domain masters?  I thought
> that was for setting up a sever as a PDC.

> Scot L. Harris

;   domain master = yes
# Domain Master specifies Samba to be the Domain Master Browser. This
# allows Samba to collate browse lists between subnets. Don't use this
# if you already have a Windows NT domain controller doing this job

So, if you don't have separated browse lists or running a domain
controller, you don't have to set it.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 23:13:34 up 20:30, 12 users, 0.16, 0.14, 0.16