(fc2) kernel source rpm namechange convention?

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 31 00:54:06 UTC 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 03:21:14PM -0700, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

> why did the name change from kernel-source  for 2.6.5-1.358 to
> kernel-sourcecode for 2.6.8-1.521. yum didn't pick up on the difference

N.B. kernel-source --> kernel-sourcecode is not the only change that
may be "hidden/invisible" to FC2 users .  Look at the full list of
packages that yum can get you.  Some may find that up2date has flags
that can help.  Example:

       up2date --show-orphans
	       --show-available

Hint, look for i386 to noarch type changes as well.

BTW: I cannot recall the specific packages or I would just
list them rather than how I found them.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Just say no to 74LS73 in 2004