sony clie tj37

Walter Francis wally at theblackmoor.net
Tue Aug 31 11:40:37 UTC 2004

> I'd love to find a precompiled version of Kpilot, or anything else, with
> the AvantGo conduit already provided.

Well..  I use jpilot because it works rather well and I really don't do a lot of entry using it anyway, so maybe there's advantages to using Kpilot I don't realize.

But last I tried, the malsync plugin for jpilot worked without any hassle.  I had to compile it, but it wasn't any big deal.

> I used to be able to compile it in, myself, but that stopped working a
> while back.

malsync needs pilot-link and such to compile, so you'll need devs and such if there are RPMs for it.  Otherwise if it's all from source it should work without any big problem.

I don't use AvantGo that much myself as I don't sync daily, but it's good otherwise.  Only thing that bugs me is that places like Yahoo and movies.com 'forget' your settings and when I go to look for a movie or such I just have the screen telling me to put in my information and it'll pull next sync, which doesn't help at all since I'm usually out somewhere.

I can provide you a binary of malsync if that'll help, let me know.