Red Hat Network Up2Date problem

Mark Haney mhaney at interactsys.com
Tue Aug 31 14:02:26 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 09:58, neil.derraugh at sympatico.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The up2date icon on my task bar (system tray?) is telling me there are 6 updates to be had (0 ignored).  But when I run the app it, after querying the servers, it tells me that my system is up2date (sorry couldn't resist).  This has been going on for several weeks (if not months).
>
> Any one know why?  Or how to resolve this issue?

Double click on the alert icon and it will tell you what updates it sees
that need to be applied.  I had this very problem and the reason I was
seeing it was because I had YUM repositories in yum.conf but not in
rhn-sources so there was a conflict.

You can also run 'yum check-update' and that might also show you the
updates you need.

HTH.

Mark Haney
Network Administrator
InterAct Public Safety Systems
mhaney at interactsys.com
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) Kernel: 2.6.8-1.521 GNU/Linux