Certified Linux Laptop

Darren Grant darren.grant at monstertech.ca
Tue Aug 31 15:22:36 UTC 2004

I'm using a Dell 600M as well. Works great with FC2. My only concern is
that I got it with the ATI Radeon M9 card... and it just seems there's
overall less support in the linux gaming community for ATI.  For
instance... cedega (winex) has all kinds of posts and complaints about
support for ATI, and whilte it's on their to-do list (which you can vote
for)... there's no date set for when they're going to work on it.   I
upgraded from an Inspiron 8000 which I had running FC1... but it had an
nVidia video card and there just seemed to be less work involved in
gaming.  So if you had the choice, I'd go with the nVidia card, even
though I really do like ATI. But just my opinion and if you don't game
alot...

Everything else works nicely... including the ipw2100 card.

-Darren