[Maybe OT] SMTP mailer and authenticated use

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Tue Aug 31 15:28:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 11:23, mike at pelleys.com wrote:

> I do have the ability to put my server in a friend's server room but how
> do I ensure that only "my" computers have the ability use the SMTP Postfix
> server to send mail?  I mean, the server has to be able to receive
> legitimate SMTP mail, but I don't want anyone else to be able to relay
> from my server.

You have two choices; Pop Before SMTP or configure Postfix with SASL
Authd (my choice). This MAY already be compiled into the RPM. See
SASL_README for more details. Mech AuxProp works fine with PF and FC2.