sony clie tj37

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Aug 31 18:46:01 UTC 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Walter Francis wrote:

> > I'd love to find a precompiled version of Kpilot, or anything else, with
> > the AvantGo conduit already provided.
>
> Well..  I use jpilot because it works rather well and I really don't do a lot of entry using it anyway, so maybe there's advantages to using Kpilot I don't realize.

I might have to go that route.

> But last I tried, the malsync plugin for jpilot worked without any hassle.  I had to compile it, but it wasn't any big deal.
>
> > I used to be able to compile it in, myself, but that stopped working a
> > while back.
>
> malsync needs pilot-link and such to compile, so you'll need devs and such if there are RPMs for it.  Otherwise if it's all from source it should work without any big problem.

I had the malsync libs already installed. The problem is that the kdepim
package, during configuration, is supposed to be able to detect the
presence of the malsync libs (libmal, specifically), and then compile the
malsync conduit.  It hasn't done so for me since the latest update to
kdepim for RHL9 (can't remember the version, now).

> I don't use AvantGo that much myself as I don't sync daily, but it's good otherwise.  Only thing that bugs me is that places like Yahoo and movies.com 'forget' your settings and when I go to look for a movie or such I just have the screen telling me to put in my information and it'll pull next sync, which doesn't help at all since I'm usually out somewhere.

That was the one reason I dropped Yahoo from my sync AvantGo channels.

> I can provide you a binary of malsync if that'll help, let me know.

Sure.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit