postfix alias problem

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Dec 2 18:52:42 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 02.12.2004 schrieb Bill Matthews um 18:39:

> I am running Postfix on Fedora FC3.  I have a pretty large alias
> table.  If the alias table is small, it works fine.  Meaning it builds
> the alias database, and delivers mail correctly based on the alias
> table.
>
> But when I supply a large number of aliases (>1000), it seems to build
> the alias database fine (no errors), and postfix seems to be running
> fine, but it just ignore the aliases.
>
> I'm not sure if this is a size limit, or a problem with one of my
> aliases?  But its copied directly from a sendmail server, where it
> works.  Anything I should look for? Any way to debug?

The maillog and the messages syslog file would be good starting places.

> BM

ls -laZ /etc/postfix/aliases*

Does that show proper SELinux contexts? I ask because you said you did
copy the aliases file from a different system.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:52:30 up 12 days, 14:40, load average: 0.34, 0.41, 0.43