Working with DVD-RAM discs

Thom Paine thom at customnetworks.ca
Fri Dec 3 00:27:53 UTC 2004

I've looked around a bit, but I didn't find much on working with DVD-RAM
discs.

Do I treat them just as a hard disk, yet I can remove them?

I popped one in my machine, and created an ext3 filesystem on it, and
formatted it. It all seemed to go well and work.

Chances are I don't want to format them as ext3 if I need to use them in
a Windows machine. What sort of file system should I put on it?

Am I doing this the right way, or is there a better way to work with
these discs?

Thanks.

-=/>Thom